I would love to be excitedly writing that our home study has arrived and that our documents have been submitted to the government of our Eastern European country.
No home study yet. It’s not really late. Its just late to me 🙂 We are still within the window of time we were told it would arrive. But lets face it, the first day when it could have arrived I started stalking our mail lady.
Kidding. ..Mostly 🙂
We know that this document will arrive in His perfect time. So we are trying to trust in that. But we also know that if we are going to get Baby A home in time for Christmas we really do need to have it quite soon.
That is the dream. Our three little ones opening Christmas presents together, eating turkey, going to Christmas Eve church as a complete family.
I wonder what Baby A will think of it.. I wonder if he got to celebrate Christmas last year.
Did he get a present? Did someone read him The Night Before Christmas?
I wish I knew.
But we wait. We wait to know those details, we wait for our home study, we wait for God to continue moving financial barriers, we wait most of all to just meet our little boy.
It’s starting to get to the point where we can actually think about that. About what it might be like to meet him.
There are still many hurdles in the way.. but he could and should be in our arms in the next couple of months. So so crazy.
We miss him desperately.
Which is just so odd because obviously we’ve never met him and he has no idea we exist.
But I think maybe that is just what happens when your child is half way around the word.
I was told when I first had Katie that having a child was like having a piece of your heart out walking around on legs.
Well. This piece of my heart apparently walked along ways.
Every day we hope for some new details about him. Something, just a tiny little piece of him. So far we have heard very little.
What we wouldn’t give to know that he is okay.. for an update of any kind.
It’s so strange to not know a thing about your child.
I don’t know if he can sit up. If hes crawling. I don’t know what he likes to play with. I don’t know if he would rather be held or play on the floor. Does he like bath time? Is he scared of loud noises? Does he have a favorite toy?
I don’t have a clue.
I suppose we will figure it out. If there’s anything I know about babies its that they aren’t shy about letting you know when you are doing it wrong 🙂
We love him already. But we are eager to really know him. And for him to know us.
For him to realize that I’m not a new nanny.To know what it means to be loved. To know how it feels to have a mom and a dad and a brother and sister. To feel safe and secure.
To know that he will never be alone again.
So. We try to be patient for this home study to arrive.
But lets be honest, there is a lot riding on this.. so I’m pretty sure I’m going to continue to peak out my window looking for the mail truck .
For those of you who are the praying type, here is a few things we would love you to pray..
1) For our home study to come quickly, so that we can submit our dossier and wait for travel dates.
2) For our dossier. That there would be no errors that would have it sent back to us, delaying the process. We have already had to redo a few forms a few times. So we are optimistic it will be good, but we won’t exhale until we get the official thumbs up from Baby A’s government.
3) For Baby A. That he would be healthy, provided for and safe until we can bring him home.
4) For God to continue to open hearts to assist us financially.
5) For stamina for our hearts to complete this journey. This process is truly grueling and I’m often worn out. From carting toddlers back and forth to lawyers offices, (Ps. . I don’t think we will be invited back.. there may or may not have been an incident with Ezra getting stuck in a potted plant.. ) to financial concerns, to working out how travel will go and just from dealing with such an unpredictable and unstable process.
Hopefully very soon we will get all our documents to Baby A’s country and I can write a probably slightly incoherent blog post about how excited we are haha. But until then.. here’s another picture of Baby A’s sweet face 🙂
We are coming buddy. Soon soon soon ❤